As an artist, it’s sometimes troublesome to think of yourself as anything BUT an artist. However, as you may well know, in order to be a successful artist…and by successful I mean a money making artist, not just a talented artist, you have to look at your “passion to create” as an actual business endeavor. And this means embracing the world of marketing! The article mentioned below will help to demystify social media marketing for some of you. Others may need additional help so that’s why I’m creating this blog post. Lori McNee made the following wonderful points found in the article below:
- Talk to your audience, not at them.
- Spend your time wisely on social media.
- Give people a reason to come back to your social media sites.
- Be consistent
Sometimes you have to live it, breathe it and do it in order to “get it”! So…if you need more information, leave a comment and I’ll help you out as best as I can!
- New Facebook Tool Lets Artists Market Themselves (mashable.com)
- American Writers & Artists Inc. Publishes Definitive Program on How Freelancers Can Make a Living Using Social Media Expertise (prweb.com)
- Artistic Social Media Profiles – Onesheet Creates Customized Profiles for Artists (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)